Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ideas Ideas Ideas

Does your team have a "summer break"?
How do you fundraise when your office or sporting team or quilting group is "closed" for the summer?

We'd love to hear about.

A couple of fundraising examples I heard about recently:

A team is buying the 1/2 lb choclate bars and reselling them. They are actually buying them in the US but the important thing is it's a unique product that the team can get for a low investment and add a couple of dollars to the price. It adds up quickly.

Another team has set a goal (very important) and if they reach it, they get to shave their coach's head. The shaving head is common but this time it's being used as a TEAM motivator.

When I was a team captain, I put a Penny Jar in the lunch room. I put a nice sign on it and a pink ribbon. Over 6 weeks that penny jar raised 40-60 dollars. More then one of the events I had planned! And I didn't even look at it...well I checked to make sure it wasn't missing :)



Let us know what your team is doing teams_fredericton@@cbcfrun.org (remove the extra @ sign before sending)
and don't forget to send your event to Capital, KHJ and the Fox for free publicity
kpoore@@radioatl.ca

No comments: